Below are the Year 1 English, Maths and Plan, Do, Review Planning, which we will upload into the sub-pages on weekly basis for you.
Should your child need to isolate at home, please remember the home schooling expectations from the Government is that parents/carers will provide their child/ren with a minimum of 3 hours of home learning.
Our suggested timings:
30 mins = Phonics
45 mins = English/Writing
45 mins = Maths
45 mins = Topic
30 mins = Reading and/or Spelling Practice
Helpful Learning Websites:
- Bug club – a wealth of reading books. We will monitor usage and up-date regularly if necessary. www.activelearnprimary.co.uk (children’s logins in front of Reading Records)
- Purple mash – many resources, games and activities for children to complete. All have video linked instructions suitable for all subject areas. www.purplemash.com/sch/brookfield-infant (children’s logins in front of Reading Records).
- Numbots - a Maths website for practicing Number Facts. Work through the challenges - can you get 3 stars on each level? www.numbots.com (children’s logins in front of Reading Records).
- ICT games – Maths, English and Phonics games suitable for each year group. www.ictgames.com (no login required)
- Topmarks – all subjects, all age ranges. We use lots of these learning games in school. www.topmarks.co.uk (no login required)
- Go Noodle – loads of dance, stretch and mindful exercises aimed at young children. www.gonoodle.com (free to sign up)