We are so looking forward to having the children back in school with us next week (8th March).
We will continue to put Phonics, English and Maths Planning into the sub-pages below on weekly basis for you, should your child need to isolate at home at any point. Should our school bubble need to isolate, Zoom teaching sessions and home support will continue as before.
Please remember the home schooling expectations from the Government is that parents/carers will provide their child/ren with a minimum of 3 hours of home learning.
Our suggested timings:
30 mins = Phonics
45 mins = English/Writing
45 mins = Maths
45 mins = Topic
30 mins = Reading and/or Spelling Practice
Zoom Link for current Live Zoom Lessons:
Meeting ID: 837 3790 4212
Helpful Learning Websites:
- Bug club – a wealth of reading books. We will monitor usage and up-date regularly if necessary. www.activelearnprimary.co.uk (children’s logins in front of Reading Records)
- Purple mash – many resources, games and activities for children to complete. All have video linked instructions suitable for all subject areas. www.purplemash.com/sch/brookfield-infant (children’s logins in front of Reading Records).
- Numbots - a Maths website for practicing Number Facts. Work through the challenges - can you get 3 stars on each level? www.numbots.com (children’s logins in front of Reading Records).
- ICT games – Maths, English and Phonics games suitable for each year group. www.ictgames.com (no login required)
- Topmarks – all subjects, all age ranges. We use lots of these learning games in school. www.topmarks.co.uk (no login required)
- Go Noodle – loads of dance, stretch and mindful exercises aimed at young children. www.gonoodle.com (free to sign up)