Hello Year 2 Parent Teachers
Welcome to our Virtual Learning Platform. We will keep this area up-dated regularly with lots of fun learning ideas for you and your children to have a go at.
Welcome back after February half-term break! We hope it has been restful and you have enjoyed the snow and sun all in one
Please see "Term 4" section for our work this term. It will be focused around Explorers and then Fantasy for the last three weeks. Click on this link and scroll down to "Term 4" if you would like to know what we will be covering this term > https://www.flourishfederation.co.uk/year-2-pandas-rhinos/
For home learners: There will be Zoom sessions for children to attend and we would expect children to be joining daily to ensure high quality provision and teaching from us. If you need a learning pack as you are unable to join these Zoom sessions, please let one of the Year 2 team know so we can help.
Please see our 'Remote Education Policy for Parents' below to read what we are expecting of you as parents.
Helpful Learning Websites:
- Bug club – a wealth of reading books. We will monitor usage and up-date regularly if necessary. www.activelearnprimary.co.uk (children’s logins in front of Reading Records)
- Purple mash – many resources, games and activities for children to complete. All have video linked instructions suitable for all subject areas. www.purplemash.com/sch/brookfield-infant (children’s logins in front of Reading Records)
- Mangahigh – Maths games and activities. We will monitor and set regular tasks for your children to complete. www.mangahigh.com (children’s logins in front of Reading Records)
- ICT games – Maths, English and Phonics games suitable for each year group. www.ictgames.com (no login required)
- Topmarks – all subjects, all age ranges. We use lots of these learning games in school. www.topmarks.co.uk (no login required)
- Joe Wicks Daily Workout – 9am-10am – ‘The Body Coach TV’ YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
- Go Noodle – loads of dance, stretch and mindful exercises aimed at young children. www.gonoodle.com (free to sign up)