Hello Year 2 Parent Teachers
Welcome to our Virtual Learning Platform. We will keep this area up-dated regularly with lots of fun learning ideas for you and your children to have a go at. Each week we will upload a Maths and English Plan which you may like to follow along with any extra learning ideas to do with the topic we would have been learning in school.
Welcome back after Christmas everybody, we hope you had a restful break. Although this Lockdown isn't ideal for any of us, we have been working hard to provide the best provision in such a difficult time.
Please just see the sub-page 'Monday 4th January' for activities/work to complete on this day. Please also take a look at the timetable below.
Things will be similar to last time when Year 2 were in isolation in the sense that there will be Zoom sessions for children to attend but we have added a few more that we would expect children to be joining daily to ensure high quality provision and teaching from us.
Please see our 'Remote Education Policy for Parents' below to read what we are expecting of you as parents.
Helpful Learning Websites:
- Bug club – a wealth of reading books. We will monitor usage and up-date regularly if necessary. www.activelearnprimary.co.uk (children’s logins in front of Reading Records)
- Purple mash – many resources, games and activities for children to complete. All have video linked instructions suitable for all subject areas. www.purplemash.com/sch/brookfield-infant (children’s logins in front of Reading Records)
- Mangahigh – Maths games and activities. We will monitor and set regular tasks for your children to complete. www.mangahigh.com (children’s logins in front of Reading Records)
- ICT games – Maths, English and Phonics games suitable for each year group. www.ictgames.com (no login required)
- Topmarks – all subjects, all age ranges. We use lots of these learning games in school. www.topmarks.co.uk (no login required)
- Joe Wicks Daily Workout – 9am-10am – ‘The Body Coach TV’ YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
- Go Noodle – loads of dance, stretch and mindful exercises aimed at young children. www.gonoodle.com (free to sign up)